Friday, February 03, 2006

Launching Anew


So I was thinking, as I sometimes do. I was thinking about how I've been doing my online journal at Easyjournal on and off for over three years now, and wondering how to spice it up a bit. I was also wondering, and it's no secret, how to get more people to read it.

I'll be honest with you...I've gotten kind of tired doing things the Easyjournal way. I started writing on that website, therealslimslavin.easyjournal.com, before "blogs" became all the rage. It (Easyjournal) really, well, hasn't changed all that much. It's seemed limiting in its scope, and more than likely has contributed to an occasional malaise when it comes to my writing for it.

A lot has happened in my life since I first started my writing online, and moving to Israel only speeded up the ongoing transformation from the guy that started that Easyjournal. I'm still the same person, but an improved version. A more mature, a happier, a less inhibited, a less shy, a more opinionated, a more ambitious...me. Now, I'm Slim Slavin v.02-2006, whereas then I was Slim Slavin v. 11-2002.

I've evolved, thanks to all of my experiences since I first started my original online journal, and to reflect that change in thinking and in myself I've decided to change my online base of operations. And so, let this stand as the inaugral entry of The new Real Slim Slavin.

No comments: